Friday, October 31, 2008

about national health care

I am removing this post because I think the explanation here is better, BTW, my cousin susan pointed out that my hyperbole was incorrect because the 15,400 charge was for a family, not per person. What it basically means is that if you take the figures I used(very reserved assumptions) that healthcare would add at least 1.2tn to the federal operating budget.

Anyway, go here for more info. http://www.nchc.org/facts/cost.shtml

BTW, I am not against national healthcare, but I think that people are not conscious of how much it will cost and the fact that the money will come from us(the middle class) even though many politicians want to make you believe it is being paid for by some anonymous group called the super-rich.

4 comments:

Nic said...

So what, your blog is all political now??!! ;)

e.b. said...

I couldn't help myself. :-)

Carrie said...

I went to the emergency room about 2 months ago...I was there for 1.5 hrs total (including a few minutes in the waiting room) and they billed my insurance $13,800! I was thoroughly appalled. I think we need to regulate these pharmaceutical companies before taking my tax money and paying for all that b.s.

Susan said...

That is insane! I would contest that charge, Carrie!

Insurance and pharms need to be regulated before national healthcare is instituted. I want to choose what doctor I see, and if I am not happy, take my business elsewhere. I also want to make the decisons, not have the government decide what factor of my helath is important or not. It's like Medicaid in Texas...I do not want to be on that unless it is my last option. I worked in a doctor's office and State Helathcare Patients were not given the same amount of care as an individual or private insurance paying. And, surgeries or treatments that are not medically necessary, like knee repalcement for example, are not covered under Medicaid, but are under my insurance.

I want choice and I want you to have choice.